Whatta do with 10 bob*


My favourite money here is the 10 shilling coin. I love it so much I have it on a necklace around my neck. 10 Kenyan shillings is the equivalent of about 12-14 cents CND but can get you so many things. This is why I love the 10 bob. Here is a list of things you can buy with the nice looking coin.

1 mango
2 mandazi (fried bread A.K.A Banik)
1 chapati
1 cup of chai
2 cigarettes
2 avocados
1 Juicy fruit gum
1 bus ride into town (only some hours of the day in some places)
1 big slice of pineapple
4 tomatoes
2 peppers
1 joint (Bob Marley)
10 tasty little candies
1 egg


*Prices are subject to where you are and who you know.


I want to add that the person who wrote the post below this is my homeboy Patrick Ominde who deserves his own profile article himself. He has taught me the ins and outs of this city. The most recent knowledge he passed on to me was that; when you're in town, and you have to pee, instead of paying 5 shillings to visit one of the many piss soaked public toilets that dont have soap or running water, go and use the exquisite toilet in the Hilton, situated in the heart of the city. It has instant hot water taps and is ultra clean. You have to go through a security check but it's well worth it.

Comments