Community Journalists



Ok so this is a bit old but you could find it interesting. I'm still working with these people and it's a lot of fun. They have some new videos coming up that I am going to for sure share on here when I get them uploaded. The more I think about it the more I get excited about this project. The video team has made videos about issues in their neighborhoods which has helped tremendously with getting funding towards their communities. Mathare is basically off the radar when it comes to NGO's and outside support so it feels like we are accomplishing alot. The more I make videos as a form of raising awarness the more I see it as a powerful tool, because it always leads to something positive.

(you have to copy and paste this link I think)

www.mapkibera.org/blog/2011/02/09/guest-blogger-nathaniel-canuel-a-videographer/

By the way, there are videos they made if you scroll down this page.

Comments