The Best Is Building

Happy 2012 to all Up With Hopers.

My hope for 2012 is that UWH will be as successful and exciting as the previous years. The first phase of the new Pequininos Youth Centre is almost finished and it looks amazing. Actually I've never seen anything like it.

This is my fourth time constructing a centre run by youth since 2008. I feel very lucky about that. I was trying to figure out what attracts me to doing this kind of work and the reasons are endless. From forming life long friendships to staying in shape, building remains to be my one of my favourite jobs. I think the main reason is because it feels natural for me. It's what defines us as humans and sets us apart from the rest of animals on this planet.

At the end of the day, when I'm sitting down probing at my injuries, I look up and see the progress / development that's been accomplished for the day. There isn't anything I have done that can give me the feeling I get after a long days work in the sun with a shovel or hammer. Especially if followed by a couple of cold adult drinks.

While we put the finishing touches on the Pequininos Centre (I'll post pictures when it's done), I wanted to show some clips of our past projects to try and portray the kind of atmosphere that goes on while we build these things.













My hope for all is a happy 2012.

That's it for now. Gotta go and bang some hammers.

Signing out From

Buru Buru,

Eastlands,

Nairobi,

Kenya,

East Africa,

Planet Earth,

Milky way,

Peace.

Comments