the yuts are great

The blogging activity has been low. But the Hope has been uping more and more everyday. We have two more weeks in Nairobi. We are working as hard as humanly possible to achieve everything we came to do. If someone told me before we came here that everything would go as smooth as it has, I would have laughed in their face, thinking "I should punch that person in the face for being so stupid". The past two and a half months have gone so well and everything is wrapping up to look like we accomplished what we came to do. I don't know if it's a product of our organizing or the help from others that has made this project go so well. 
We have tried to do everything with these youth groups so that when it's time for us to leave, they know everything they need to do to succesfully run a recycling centre. We have done everything we came here to do, now the success lies in the hands of these groups who will have to work very hard to make it all work. 

I have met some incredibly inspiring people in the time I have been here. People my age and older and even younger. I can't ever try to describe life in the slums, but the resiliance and strength of the people who inspire me from these neighborhoods are teaching me as much as we are teaching them.

On the 29th we fly to Bombay. This will be awesome. We have been trying to do some fun stuff when we aren't working here, we recently climbed a dormant volcano, which was a lot of fun. And I myself enjoy the nightlife of this town, maybe a little more than others but I try to go party every chance I get. To be honest, it's nice to go out and see stuff once and a while, but I don't have any vibe to go and see lions or anything like that in Kenya. I love working where I work and if we go away I miss it. 



Comments