Wonderful children who make me so happy.


I just spent the weekend in the western part of Kenya called Kisumu right on lake Victoria. I went with Kaka and Farouk and was coordinated by an NGO called "Pamoja Trust". We went to assist some youth groups who are starting up a waste collection business. The challenges involved in starting a garbage collection business can have so many obstacles, so we provided some advice and moral support for the poised youth group. Kaka and Farouk are the experts in Kenya basically on community based organizations who are doing garbage collection. They've seen it all and know how to fix problems that would usually cripple a group. It was really fun meeting the group and Kisumu is an incredible place. Such nice fish to eat.

Me, Kaka and Farouk found a big screen projector to watch the opening ceremony of world cup and the first few games. I didn't know what to expect to be in Africa for the world cup but it's turned out to be a lot crazier than I thought it would be. The feeling is definitely heavy.

I wish I owned a digital camera to post photos on here. But all I have is an old film camera that I have to develop and then scan to post photos. So I'll try to do some from Kisumu.

Comments