POA ROWE

2 posts in one day? Unbelievable.



I've been wanting to post this video online for a while.

POA ROWE is a video we made with the Mathare in Motion crew. Mathare in Motion is a group of youth who I have had the pleasure of teaching video production and how to cover stories in their communities sort of the way I am doing with this blog. They are a wonderful group of people and when Jeff Mohammed approached me to make this video I jumped at it.





Less than a month after shooting we had won an award for "Best Documentary" at the 2011 Slum Film Festival and was part of the "Official Selection" for the 2011 Kenya International Film Fest.

We shot it in one day for zero dollars during a sunny sunday afternoon, the chruches were all blasting gospel in full force and thats why we had to do voice overs for all the dialogue. In the video you hear some real Nairobi sheng language and this is one of my favourite things I have made.

Also here is something we did for Film Kenya

Comments

  1. Fantastic initiative. Deserves to continue with more support and publicity. So let us take action in 2013. So Jeff Mohammed can soon move over to Hollywood! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment