In Memory of Farouk Omondi



Dear Farouk
Today a very large piece of me is missing because one of my best friends has passed on. The entire Youth community is mourning from such a devastating blow. You are a champion for change and the service you gave to improving the environment and promoting youth entrepreneurship will never be replaced by anyone or anything. The recycling centre we built will always give me pride from the long hours together making it run. We faced a lot of challenges but at times things worked very well and in those moments we saw our dreams come to life.

(A short video can be seen here of daily operations when running full force at the centre)



From the time that we knew each other our lives changed a lot. You could always be depended on and the times you helped me personally is more than I can remember.  I always tried to be there for you when in need. I’m so sorry I couldn’t be there for you this last time. You left me with so much experience. The things you believed in are the things I believe in. We loved cooking together and you taught me Swahili, boxing and how to always succeed when you don’t always have everything you need.  Watching you raise a family made me want to be a Dad. Your dedication to working hard each day will always be a reminder when I wake up in the morning. The world needs more people like you, not less.

                                           


Farouk I will always hold you very close in my heart for the brotherhood you showed me and so many others. I think it’s true value will only appreciate with time. I am devastated that we can’t work together anymore but I promise I will keep going with the extra power you always had. You are what legends are made of and will remain one forever. 


God rest your soul in peace. 

Comments